-   -   Another ranking question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/12777-another-ranking-question.html)

Liz23

Another ranking question

I have a set of NPV values that I need to be automatically ranked when the
inputs change. I received a solution using the "Small" function, but I also
need to rank the name associated with that NPV.

Is that possible?

AlecHull

Can you use a vlookup (or hlookup) to return the name based on the NPV? You
may have a problem if you have ties, but with NPVs that may not be likely.

"Liz23" wrote:

I have a set of NPV values that I need to be automatically ranked when the
inputs change. I received a solution using the "Small" function, but I also
need to rank the name associated with that NPV.

Is that possible?

Aladin Akyurek

Since retieving the associates of the ranked objects are involved, a
formula system like in:

http://tinyurl.com/6k5a4

would be more appropriate.