-   -   Hide Duplicate Rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/127715-hide-duplicate-rows.html)

Ty Archer

Hide Duplicate Rows

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet with names that repeat in one column and different
numbers in other columns. I would like to group the names so that it only
shows one instance of each name and also performs a total for each row that
contains that name. For example John & Mary may occur 10 times with 10
different payments each, however, I want to only list both John & Mary once
and give me a total of their payments.

Is this possible and if so how can I do it. Thanks very much.

galimi

Hide Duplicate Rows

Ty,

Try converting your data to a Pivot Table. You could also write code to
accomplish this.
--
http://HelpExcel.com

"Ty Archer" wrote:

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet with names that repeat in one column and different
numbers in other columns. I would like to group the names so that it only
shows one instance of each name and also performs a total for each row that
contains that name. For example John & Mary may occur 10 times with 10
different payments each, however, I want to only list both John & Mary once
and give me a total of their payments.

Is this possible and if so how can I do it. Thanks very much.

Teethless mama

Hide Duplicate Rows

Try Advanced Filter to filter all the unique records, then use SUMIF function
to sum all the unique names.

"Ty Archer" wrote:

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet with names that repeat in one column and different
numbers in other columns. I would like to group the names so that it only
shows one instance of each name and also performs a total for each row that
contains that name. For example John & Mary may occur 10 times with 10
different payments each, however, I want to only list both John & Mary once
and give me a total of their payments.

Is this possible and if so how can I do it. Thanks very much.

Lori

Hide Duplicate Rows

You could also select a cell to output to and then choose Data
Consolidate with reference as your table range and row and column
headings and sum all selected.