-   -   Can excel tell me what numbers in a given column sum to X? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/127326-can-excel-tell-me-what-numbers-given-column-sum-x.html)

Chris

Can excel tell me what numbers in a given column sum to X?

I am looking to find a way to get Excel to tell me which cells in a given
column sum to a given X.

For example, the numbers 1, 5, 10, 15, 16, & 20 are in a column. I ask,
which of these numbers sums to 36? I am looking for something that responds
with e1+f1; a1+a2+a3+f1; a1+d1+f1, etc.

Harlan Grove

Can excel tell me what numbers in a given column sum to X?

Chris wrote...
I am looking to find a way to get Excel to tell me which cells in a given
column sum to a given X.

For example, the numbers 1, 5, 10, 15, 16, & 20 are in a column. I ask,
which of these numbers sums to 36? I am looking for something that responds
with e1+f1; a1+a2+a3+f1; a1+d1+f1, etc.

From the archives,

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...19858047398beb

The code in the linked article shows the sums of numbers, but it could
be adapted to show cell addresses instead.