-   -   How to delete duplicates between workbooks? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/127325-how-delete-duplicates-between-workbooks.html)

Jay

How to delete duplicates between workbooks?

Hi all, I just came across this group, and I am glad I did. There is a
lot of helpful topics in here. I am having trouble finding info for
the following though.

I am currently working with two workbooks that need to be cross
referenced for duplicates. I need to to erase rows that are contained
in workbook A that are listed in workbook B. I need to check for these
duplicates by a specific column. Essentially, my workbook B has a list
of "bad eggs" that are possibly in workbook A, and I need to remove
them.

I came across a topic similar to this, but it dealt with comparing two
sheets in one workbook; plus it only highlighted duplicates. If anyone
would be kind enough to lend me their expertise I would be grateful. :)

Oh, and is this only possible via a macro?

Jay

How to delete duplicates between workbooks?

odd.. all i hit was the edite button and it posted twice