-   -   Currency sum not correct Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/127271-currency-sum-not-correct-excel-2003-a.html)

IL-Exceluser

Currency sum not correct Excel 2003

Even though all currency values displayed are 2 decimals on my sheet, when I
use the formula function sum or subtotal to show the total of cells, it is
displaying a rounded down amount and is 1 cent off because it is adding as if
it knows there are actually 3 decimals in one of the cells even though only
two are displayed. Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

Bob Phillips

Currency sum not correct Excel 2003

You could try

=SUM(ROUND(A1:A10,2))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.
Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly brackets), do
not try to do this manually.
When editing the formula, it must again be array-entered.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips