-   -   Calculate % of events based on days worked (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/127249-calculate-%25-events-based-days-worked.html)

Karen

Calculate % of events based on days worked

I need to determine a % of events based on the number of days an individual
has worked. My spreadsheet is set up by the week and QTD & YTD totals. The
% needs to be calculated each quarter and a total % for the year. I'm not
sure how to start. I had it set with SUM(D3:D15)/65. That works as long as
each wk is completed. If not, the calculation is wrong. Is there calculate
days based on weeks completed?
--
Thanks for your assistance!

Karen

bpeltzer

Calculate % of events based on days worked

The average function will ignore blank cells. So you might use
=average(d13:d15)/5 to get the daily average, assuming that column D has the
weekly totals for each week worked (and no data entered for any weeks not
worked).