-   -   WORKDAY Function in an IF statement (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/126748-workday-function-if-statement.html)

[email protected]

WORKDAY Function in an IF statement

I have created a spreadsheet for my work where I will store some
financial data. What I want to create is a form of alert that notifies
me on a day a report needs to be sent out - 2, i.e assuming the report
needs to be sent on 25/01, and that date has been entered in the
spreadsheet, notify me two days before that. I have tried the following
formula but is does not work:

IF((H10=WORKDAY, -2), "SEND REPORT", "FINE")).

Any ideas/suggestions?

Many thanks in advance

Bob Phillips

WORKDAY Function in an IF statement

=IF(TODAY()=WORKDAY(H10,-2), "SEND REPORT", "FINE")

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have created a spreadsheet for my work where I will store some
financial data. What I want to create is a form of alert that notifies
me on a day a report needs to be sent out - 2, i.e assuming the report
needs to be sent on 25/01, and that date has been entered in the
spreadsheet, notify me two days before that. I have tried the following
formula but is does not work:

IF((H10=WORKDAY, -2), "SEND REPORT", "FINE")).

Any ideas/suggestions?

Many thanks in advance

[email protected]

WORKDAY Function in an IF statement

Worked like a treat!Thanks!

Bob Phillips wrote:

=IF(TODAY()=WORKDAY(H10,-2), "SEND REPORT", "FINE")

--
---
HTH

Bob