-   -   Why do column widths change in Excell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/125961-why-do-column-widths-change-excell.html)

JPEgan

Why do column widths change in Excell?

when I open an Excell program, I find the widths of the columns have
narrowed. Using Office 2007 beta.

huntnpeck

Why do column widths change in Excell?

Are you using an Excel file created in an earlier verison of Excel? If
so you might want to save it a 2007 version using "Save As" and
defining the type there. If all the row widths are uniform then you
might have a .csv fiel as opposed to a .xls....then again thuis could
just be a Beta Bug.