-   -   Rename sheet with NOW date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/125960-rename-sheet-now-date.html)

Publius

Rename sheet with NOW date

I have a macro recorded that creates a new worksheet (each day) and it will
allow me to rename the new sheet, but I cannot figure out how to make it put
the date "NOW" in as the new worksheet's name and leave it named that date
forever. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Gary''s Student

Rename sheet with NOW date

Once the new sheet has been activated, run:

Sub name_it()
ActiveSheet.Name = Format(Now, "mm-dd-yyyy")

Gary's Student
gsnu200701

"Publius" wrote:

I have a macro recorded that creates a new worksheet (each day) and it will
allow me to rename the new sheet, but I cannot figure out how to make it put
the date "NOW" in as the new worksheet's name and leave it named that date
forever. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

JE McGimpsey

Rename sheet with NOW date

One way:

Worksheets.Add.Name = Format(Date, "dd mmm yyyy")

In article ,
Publius wrote:

I have a macro recorded that creates a new worksheet (each day) and it will
allow me to rename the new sheet, but I cannot figure out how to make it put
the date "NOW" in as the new worksheet's name and leave it named that date
forever. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Publius

Rename sheet with NOW date

Thanks! Worked like a charm.

"Publius" wrote:

I have a macro recorded that creates a new worksheet (each day) and it will
allow me to rename the new sheet, but I cannot figure out how to make it put
the date "NOW" in as the new worksheet's name and leave it named that date
forever. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Gord Dibben

Rename sheet with NOW date

Sub sheetname1()
Worksheets.Add.Name = Format(Now(), "dddd-mmm-yy")
End Sub

NOTE: can be done only once a day.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP