-   -   Data validation & indirect (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/125661-data-validation-indirect.html)

Vanna

Data validation & indirect

I remember seeing this solution some where but cannot recall.

I would like to create a data validation list based on a value enter into a
cell.
For example. if I enter "fruits" in cell A1, then cell B1 would return a
list of fruits drop down list and if I change cell A1 to "Vegetables", then
the drop down list in B1 should return a list of Vegetables.

I remember this can be done using a combination of Data validation and the
indirect function. Any help would be much appreciated.

RagDyeR

Data validation & indirect

Debra Dalgleish has a web page on this subject ... called "dependant lists".

HTH,

RD