-   -   Saving Totals Only (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/125303-saving-totals-only.html)

Nina S.

Saving Totals Only

Excel 2003
I have spreadsheets containing thousands of lines of detail and then use
Subtotals to produce summary data. I have ten spreadsheets like this and
would like to take the totals only into a new spreadsheet, using a different
set of totals and putting them into columns across the spreadsheet (these are
quarterly figures), but even with copy and 'paste special' I get all the
detail lines in the new spreadsheet - is there any way of saving JUST the
totals??

Roger Govier

Saving Totals Only

Hi Nina

With just your Subtotals visible, mark the range you want and then use
Alt + ; (that's Alt and semicolon)
Type Control + C to Copy,
move to new Sheet and Control +V to Paste.

--
Regards

Roger Govier