-   -   Dynamic reporting rolling averages (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/124389-dynamic-reporting-rolling-averages.html)

Newbee

Dynamic reporting rolling averages

I have a report that I want to dymaically report a rolling average.
For instance.

Jan = 15 wich is pulled from worksheet B on another share drive.
Feb = Jan 15 previous months total + 20 which is pulled worksheet B again.
March =....

Can I make this happen without having to add copy and paste?

Bernard Liengme

Dynamic reporting rolling averages

Try saying that again with more detail about how the data is set out in the
files
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Newbee" wrote in message
I have a report that I want to dymaically report a rolling average.
For instance.

Jan = 15 wich is pulled from worksheet B on another share drive.
Feb = Jan 15 previous months total + 20 which is pulled worksheet B
again.
March =....

Can I make this happen without having to add copy and paste?

Newbee

Dynamic reporting rolling averages

Ok.

The file is set up as such:

Month Jan Feb March April May ...
Units purchased 15 25 40 50 125

The value 15 is pulling from a local share drive: V: drive Detail repot
which is run monthly. Which is good for January. Now in February I want it
to be a running total which includes Jan. Now we have 15 + 10 that is on the
V: drive Detail report which makes February's value 25. How can I get 25 to
populate without having to add 10+15 every month. I would like it to find
the sum on the V:Drive detail report and add it to the previous months total
each month. More info the V:Drive detail report has Columns Jan Feb March
with the totals that I need. I just want to link up these totals with
previous months information.