-   -   Displaying text during a range of dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/124344-displaying-text-during-range-dates.html)

RS

Displaying text during a range of dates

Happy New Year everyone! I currently have formulas that display different
formatted text in cells when certain months & days occur (regardless of the
year). I would like to modify one of the formulas such that I could display
a text message over a range of consecutive days. Here is my current formula
[where H1 displays todays date (1/2/07 for example):
=IF(TEXT($H$1,"MMDD")="0102","New","")
How would I modify this such that I could display this message from, let's
say 0102 to 0107? I'm using Excel 2003 & 2000.

Roger Govier

Displaying text during a range of dates

Hi

Just change the "0102" to "0107" in your formula.
It would then say New when the date in H1 was 07 Jan

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"RS" wrote in message
Happy New Year everyone! I currently have formulas that display
different
formatted text in cells when certain months & days occur (regardless
of the
year). I would like to modify one of the formulas such that I could
display
a text message over a range of consecutive days. Here is my current
formula
[where H1 displays todays date (1/2/07 for example):
=IF(TEXT($H$1,"MMDD")="0102","New","")
How would I modify this such that I could display this message from,
let's
say 0102 to 0107? I'm using Excel 2003 & 2000.

David Biddulph

Displaying text during a range of dates

=IF(AND(TEXT($H$1,"MMDD")="0102",TEXT($H1,"MMDD") <="0107"),"New","")
--
David Biddulph

"RS" wrote in message
Happy New Year everyone! I currently have formulas that display different
formatted text in cells when certain months & days occur (regardless of
the
year). I would like to modify one of the formulas such that I could
display
a text message over a range of consecutive days. Here is my current
formula
[where H1 displays todays date (1/2/07 for example):
=IF(TEXT($H$1,"MMDD")="0102","New","")
How would I modify this such that I could display this message from, let's
say 0102 to 0107? I'm using Excel 2003 & 2000.

RS

Displaying text during a range of dates

I think you misunderstood my question. I want the text to be displayed from
January 2nd through January 7th. Changing what you tell me will only display
my message on January 7.

"RS" wrote in message
Happy New Year everyone! I currently have formulas that display
different
formatted text in cells when certain months & days occur (regardless
of the
year). I would like to modify one of the formulas such that I could
display
a text message over a range of consecutive days. Here is my current
formula
[where H1 displays todays date (1/2/07 for example):
=IF(TEXT($H$1,"MMDD")="0102","New","")
How would I modify this such that I could display this message from,
let's
say 0102 to 0107? I'm using Excel 2003 & 2000.

RS

Displaying text during a range of dates

Thanks David. Works like a charm! Happy new year to you!

"RS" wrote in message
Happy New Year everyone! I currently have formulas that display different
formatted text in cells when certain months & days occur (regardless of
the
year). I would like to modify one of the formulas such that I could
display
a text message over a range of consecutive days. Here is my current
formula
[where H1 displays todays date (1/2/07 for example):
=IF(TEXT($H$1,"MMDD")="0102","New","")
How would I modify this such that I could display this message from, let's
say 0102 to 0107? I'm using Excel 2003 & 2000.

Roger Govier

Displaying text during a range of dates

Apologies. I misread your message. Didn't see range of days.
Luckily David was more awake than I, and gave you the correct solution.

--
Regards

Roger Govier