-   -   Apostrophe Mayhew (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/124256-apostrophe-mayhew.html)

[email protected]

Apostrophe Mayhew

I'm having a bit of a trouble with MS Word... I just reinstalled it,
after having reformatted my computer; and now it's acting bizzarely.

I was wondering if there were several formats for apostrophes in MS
Word and if so, how to change them? Instead of making apostrophes, MS
Word puts in English quotation marks (') instead of an actual
apostrophe ('). How do I fix this?

No, it's not a font problem; it does it with every single font. And
no, it's not a language problem because it does it with every
languages that uses this alphabet!

HELP!!

(P.S.: this text was written on MS Word and the actual apostrophe, the
one I want, was taken from a character table)

Debra Dalgleish

Apostrophe Mayhew

There are Word newsgroups where you can ask questions related to Word
problems.

Perhaps changing the following setting will help:
In Word, choose ToolsAutoCorrect Options
On the AutoFormat as you type tab, remove the check mark from 'Straight
quotes with smart quotes'
Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish