-   -   not displaying "FALSE" in cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/124011-not-displaying-false-cells.html)

vinnie123

not displaying "FALSE" in cells

I'm sure it is a really straightforward problem.

I have a sheet with a lot of data generated form formulas, mainly
VLOOKUP and IF with output being whole numbers. How can I stop the word

"FALSE" from appearing in cells with no valid data, just leaving those

cells blank.

Regards, Vinnie.

Peo Sjoblom

not displaying "FALSE" in cells

Post your formula would be the easiest way,
An IF function will for instance return FALSE if a condition is not TRUE so

=IF(A12,"Yabadabadoo")

will return FALSE if it is not greater than 2, to return a "blank" you would
change the formula to

=IF(A12,"Yabadabadoo","")

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"vinnie123" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm sure it is a really straightforward problem.

I have a sheet with a lot of data generated form formulas, mainly
VLOOKUP and IF with output being whole numbers. How can I stop the word

"FALSE" from appearing in cells with no valid data, just leaving those

cells blank.

Regards, Vinnie.

David Biddulph

not displaying "FALSE" in cells