-   -   Toggle multiple values in single cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/12400-toggle-multiple-values-single-cell.html)

Chandni

Toggle multiple values in single cell

I want to show the difference between two values both in numerical terms and
percentage terms in a single cell preferably. I know I can create two
separate columns but that will lead to a monster sheet that I am trying to
avoid.

Is there a function in Excel where you can add two (or more) values to the
same cell and when a person scrolls over the cell - he/she has the option to
choose which value to view - or something like that...

Fredrik Wahlgren

"Chandni" wrote in message
I want to show the difference between two values both in numerical terms

and
percentage terms in a single cell preferably. I know I can create two
separate columns but that will lead to a monster sheet that I am trying to
avoid.

Is there a function in Excel where you can add two (or more) values to the
same cell and when a person scrolls over the cell - he/she has the option

choose which value to view - or something like that...

I think you have to stick with the two column approach. However, you can
make a macro that will hide one column and make the other visible and vice
versa.

/Fredrik

Chandni

OK. Thanks.

Is the following possible - the cell showsthe difference in numerical terms
but I also add in a formula that says that if the difference is more than
10%, then the cell is colored red.

Basically, I want to see the difference in numerical terms but would like to
get some indication where the percentage difference is more than 10%.

Thanks!

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"Chandni" wrote in message
I want to show the difference between two values both in numerical terms

and
percentage terms in a single cell preferably. I know I can create two
separate columns but that will lead to a monster sheet that I am trying to
avoid.

Is there a function in Excel where you can add two (or more) values to the
same cell and when a person scrolls over the cell - he/she has the option

choose which value to view - or something like that...

I think you have to stick with the two column approach. However, you can
make a macro that will hide one column and make the other visible and vice
versa.

/Fredrik

Henrik

Though I wouldn't recommend this, you can have two results in one cell by
concatenating text by for entering, for instance, =SUM(A1:A2)&" "&SUM(B1:B2)

"Chandni" wrote:

I want to show the difference between two values both in numerical terms and
percentage terms in a single cell preferably. I know I can create two
separate columns but that will lead to a monster sheet that I am trying to
avoid.

Is there a function in Excel where you can add two (or more) values to the
same cell and when a person scrolls over the cell - he/she has the option to
choose which value to view - or something like that...

Max

Try conditional formatting

Assuming you have in C1: =B1-A1
with C1 copied down

Select col C

Click Format Conditional Formatting

Under Condition 1, make the settings as:
Formula Is| =(B1-A1)/A110%
Click Format button Patterns tab Red/Pink? OK
Click OK at the main dialog

--
Rgds
Max
Is the following possible - the cell shows the difference
in numerical terms but I also add in a formula that
says that if the difference is more than
10%, then the cell is colored red.

Basically, I want to see the difference in numerical terms
but would like to get some indication where the
percentage difference is more than 10%.

JE McGimpsey

Sure, take a look at Conditional Formatting in XL Help.

One way:

C1: =B1 - A1

Select C1. Choose Format/Conditional Formatting...

CF1: Formula Is =(B1/A1-1)10%
Format1: Pattern/Red