-   -   Lookup function assistance (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/123501-lookup-function-assistance.html)

erajim

Lookup function assistance

I have two worksheets. One contains a list of zip codes and other account information. The other contains a list of zip codes and an assigned sales group name associated with that zip code.
I need to add the assigned sales group name to the first list by zip code.
As I am new to this can anyone help?
Thanks
jim

Aladin Akyurek

Lookup function assistance

=INDEX(Sheet2!GroupRange,MATCH(ZipCode,ZipCodeRang e,0))

erajim wrote:
I have two worksheets. One contains a list of zip codes and other
account information. The other contains a list of zip codes and an
assigned sales group name associated with that zip code.
I need to add the assigned sales group name to the first list by zip
code.
As I am new to this can anyone help?
Thanks
jim

erajim

Thank you I will try it Tuesday when I get back to work. Have a Happy Holiday!