Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
s s is offline

Default Finding the highest alphabetic name in a list of names

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I've tried to use the max function but it
only seems to work with numbers.

Is it even possible to do what I want to do. I have a list of names and I
want to find Zachary for example as its the last name alphabetically in an
unsorted list of names.

I need to do this in a formula versus sorting.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks