-   -   My Numbers aren't numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/123139-my-numbers-arent-numbers.html)

Cole

My Numbers aren't numbers

Hi
I have downloaded data from the web and put it into excel. When I use cell
contents that appear to be numbers in my formula i get #value. The cell is
formatted as number. I have tried entering a 1 in a blank cell and
copypastespecialmultipy, but this does not work. If I edit the cell and
over type one of the digits (8 digit number) the formula works. How can I
fix this without having to edit each cell?
Thanks

Martin Fishlock

My Numbers aren't numbers

You may have spaces included with the digits.

try doing a find replace and replace spaces with nothing.
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock

"Cole" wrote:

Hi
I have downloaded data from the web and put it into excel. When I use cell
contents that appear to be numbers in my formula i get #value. The cell is
formatted as number. I have tried entering a 1 in a blank cell and
copypastespecialmultipy, but this does not work. If I edit the cell and
over type one of the digits (8 digit number) the formula works. How can I
fix this without having to edit each cell?
Thanks

CLR

My Numbers aren't numbers

Try clicking on a virgin cell, then click on the Paintbrush Icon in the upper
toolbar, then click on the problem cell......

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3