-   -   auto change cell text colour resulting from a condition (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/122612-auto-change-cell-text-colour-resulting-condition.html)

Chinaman

auto change cell text colour resulting from a condition

Can Excel automatically change the colour of the font in Cell by using a
conditional formula? In fact, I just want to highlights the result of a
formula.

Example: I want to text to in Red colour if the result is Ture, otherwise
is in Blue colour.

Thanks

David Biddulph

auto change cell text colour resulting from a condition

Format/ Conditional Formatting ...
--
David Biddulph

"Chinaman" wrote in message
Can Excel automatically change the colour of the font in Cell by using a
conditional formula? In fact, I just want to highlights the result of a
formula.

Example: I want to text to in Red colour if the result is Ture, otherwise
is in Blue colour.

Thanks

Gord Dibben

auto change cell text colour resulting from a condition

Cannot be done through formula only.

That's what FormatConditional Formatting is used for.

Select the cell and FormatCFCell value is: type true in the dialog then
formatfont to red color.

As far as "otherwise" goes just format the font as blue normally.

Then you will have either red or blue colored font.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP