-   -   Excel with VBA question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/122584-excel-vba-question.html)

[email protected]

Excel with VBA question

I'm trying to write a program that calls VBA to crunch out an iterative
solution to a mess of equations. How can I pass multiple values back
to Excel from VB (i.e a user-defined function only passes one value
back to Excel)?

The format of the math is such that I don't think I can set up the
equations in the correct manner to use the Solver add-in.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ron Rosenfeld

Excel with VBA question

On 13 Dec 2006 11:37:34 -0800, wrote:

I'm trying to write a program that calls VBA to crunch out an iterative
solution to a mess of equations. How can I pass multiple values back
to Excel from VB

(i.e a user-defined function only passes one value
back to Excel)?

Where did you get that idea? I know it's been possible at least since '97.

Check out
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Passin...ningArrays.htm for a
complete discussion.

--ron

[email protected]

Excel with VBA question

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On 13 Dec 2006 11:37:34 -0800, wrote:

I'm trying to write a program that calls VBA to crunch out an iterative
solution to a mess of equations. How can I pass multiple values back
to Excel from VB

(i.e a user-defined function only passes one value
back to Excel)?

Where did you get that idea? I know it's been possible at least since '97.

Check out
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Passin...ningArrays.htm for a
complete discussion.

--ron

WILL DO!!! THANKS FOR THE HELP!!! :)

Ron Rosenfeld

Excel with VBA question

On 14 Dec 2006 07:17:55 -0800, wrote:

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On 13 Dec 2006 11:37:34 -0800,
wrote:

I'm trying to write a program that calls VBA to crunch out an iterative
solution to a mess of equations. How can I pass multiple values back
to Excel from VB

(i.e a user-defined function only passes one value
back to Excel)?

Where did you get that idea? I know it's been possible at least since '97.

Check out
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Passin...ningArrays.htm for a
complete discussion.

--ron