-   -   numbers to text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/122423-numbers-text.html)

Roger

numbers to text

is there an "easy" way to change a number (dollar value) into text and have
all the zeros stay in place:

45.00 (number) change to text -- 4500
4.75 (number) change to text -- 475

probably a macro, but I wouldn't even know how to start. hope someone can
push me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

macropod

numbers to text

Hi Roger,

An easy way, but the values remain as numbers, not text:
.. enter '100' into any unused cell.
.. copy the '100'.
.. select the range to want to change
.. use Edit|Paste SpecialValuesMultiply
If you really need to change the values to text, you can then use Format|CellsText

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]