-   -   combining numbers and text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/122214-combining-numbers-text.html)

SMORSE

combining numbers and text

I am trying to make a proposal sheet that when I fill out what the customer
wants on a different sheet it copies only the wanted items to a proposal
sheet is this possible to do does any one have any excel spreadsheet I might
look at to see how this is done. I guess it would be like a point of sale
program only difference is it wouldn't list detail pricing any help would be
greatly appreciated.

smorse.

CLR

combining numbers and text

Try CONCATENATION as a start.........
With "The total cost is " in A1 and "$50.41" in B1, then in C1 put this

=A1&" $"&B1

C1 will return "The total cost is $50.41

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3