-   -   Concatonate - can it be undone (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/121881-concatonate-can-undone.html)

rita

Concatonate - can it be undone

I need to split first and last name into two fields/columns - is there a
macro or formula that could accomplish this?
Thanks.
Rita

Bob Phillips

Concatonate - can it be undone

=LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1

=MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)

replace the " " by ", " if you separate with a comma.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Rita" wrote in message
I need to split first and last name into two fields/columns - is there a
macro or formula that could accomplish this?
Thanks.
Rita

John Bundy

Concatonate - can it be undone

Data-Text to columns then choose delimited and put a check next to what is
in between the names and it will split them into columns.

-John

"Rita" wrote:

I need to split first and last name into two fields/columns - is there a
macro or formula that could accomplish this?
Thanks.
Rita

rita

Concatonate - can it be undone