-   -   Finding the Average Change in Two Columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/12171-finding-average-change-two-columns.html)

DadAtHome4

Finding the Average Change in Two Columns

Columns B and C
B:2B15 is List Price - C:2C15 is Sold Price
I want to show in another cell what the average change is between List Price
and Sold Price.

Appreciate the help, you folks have never steered me wrong.
Charles, Grand Rapids Michigan

ChrisJ

=(SUM(B2:B15)-SUM(A2:A15))/COUNT(B2:B15)

"DadAtHome4" wrote:

Columns B and C
B:2B15 is List Price - C:2C15 is Sold Price
I want to show in another cell what the average change is between List Price
and Sold Price.

Appreciate the help, you folks have never steered me wrong.
Charles, Grand Rapids Michigan

Dave R.

This will work, but be warned, if you do not have values in any part of that
range (e.g. if B14 and C15 are blank), they will be considered 0 and will
compute as "0 change" for one row.

Must be entered with CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER

=AVERAGE(C2:C15-B2:B15)

"DadAtHome4" wrote in message
Columns B and C
B:2B15 is List Price - C:2C15 is Sold Price
I want to show in another cell what the average change is between List

Price
and Sold Price.

Appreciate the help, you folks have never steered me wrong.
Charles, Grand Rapids Michigan

DadAtHome4

This is good, how do I express the result in %, i.e. average change from List
Price to Sold Price is x%.

"DadAtHome4" wrote:

Columns B and C
B:2B15 is List Price - C:2C15 is Sold Price
I want to show in another cell what the average change is between List Price
and Sold Price.

Appreciate the help, you folks have never steered me wrong.
Charles, Grand Rapids Michigan

Myrna Larson

This array formula will work:

=AVERAGE(B1:B15/A1:A15-1)

Enter it with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just the ENTER key.