-   -   survey results (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/121554-survey-results.html)

[email protected]

survey results

I have compiled a community survey and have lots of yes/no questions
and need help with functions on how to average number of yes's to no's.

Gord Dibben

survey results

Don't know what you mean by "average yes's to no's"

Do you mean get a percentage of each?

Assuming a range of answers in A1:A50 with either yes or no in each cell.

=COUNTIF(A1:A50,"yes")/COUNTA(A1:A50)

will give you the percentage of yes's in the range.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP