-   -   Need help - Macro to copy a specific range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/121366-need-help-macro-copy-specific-range.html)

Dileep Chandran

Need help - Macro to copy a specific range

Hello everybody,

I have a macro to copy a range of cells (A2:AB100) from sheet1 and
paste it to another file as values.

Set sourceRange = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:AB100" )

I would like to insert one more code so as it should copy only todays
data;

If B2 = todays date then the range of cells to copy should be (A2:AB2)
If B3 = todays date then the range of cells to copy should be (A3:AB3)
If both B2 and B3 = todays date then the range of cells to copy should
be (A2:AB3)
If all the cells from B2 to B100 = todays date then the range of cells
to copy should be (A2:AB100)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Dileep Chandran

Roger Govier

Need help - Macro to copy a specific range

Hi

Dim nrows as long
nrows=Application.Countif(Range("B2:B100"),Date)
Set sourceRange = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:AB" &
nrows)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dileep Chandran" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello everybody,

I have a macro to copy a range of cells (A2:AB100) from sheet1 and
paste it to another file as values.

Set sourceRange = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:AB100" )

I would like to insert one more code so as it should copy only todays
data;

If B2 = todays date then the range of cells to copy should be (A2:AB2)
If B3 = todays date then the range of cells to copy should be (A3:AB3)
If both B2 and B3 = todays date then the range of cells to copy should
be (A2:AB3)
If all the cells from B2 to B100 = todays date then the range of cells
to copy should be (A2:AB100)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Dileep Chandran

Dileep Chandran

Need help - Macro to copy a specific range

Thanks Roger, Instead of "Date", is it possible to give "Today()" ?

-Dileep

Bob Phillips

Need help - Macro to copy a specific range

Date is VBA speak for TODAY()

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Dileep Chandran" wrote in message
ups.com...

Thanks Roger, Instead of "Date", is it possible to give "Today()" ?

-Dileep

Dileep Chandran

Need help - Macro to copy a specific range

Thanks Bob!!!

Dileep Chandran

Need help - Macro to copy a specific range

Ok, Thats good. Before copying this specified range is it possible to
unhide all rows and columns in Sheet1?

-Dileep

Roger Govier

Need help - Macro to copy a specific range

Hi Dileep

Cells.Select
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dileep Chandran" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok, Thats good. Before copying this specified range is it possible to
unhide all rows and columns in Sheet1?

-Dileep

Don Guillett

Need help - Macro to copy a specific range

or

Sub uh()
Rows.Hidden = False
Columns.Hidden = False

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi Dileep

Cells.Select
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dileep Chandran" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok, Thats good. Before copying this specified range is it possible to
unhide all rows and columns in Sheet1?

-Dileep

Dileep Chandran

Need help - Macro to copy a specific range

This is good. But I want to unhide all rows and columns in Sheet1 while
I am running the macro from Sheet2

Is it possible?

-Dileep

Dileep Chandran

Need help - Macro to copy a specific range

I have inserted: Sheets("Sheet1").Select to the code. Its now working
fine.

Thank you all. Your timely help is really appreciated.

Regards
Dileep Chandran