-   -   randomly fill (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/121284-randomly-fill.html)

LaDdIe

randomly fill

Help,

I'm working on a work rota,
I've got a list of staff in column A and there are 5 duties they could be
assigned to in columns B C D E & F, I need to randomly assign each member of
staff a duty without any member appearing twice.

Any help is appreciated.

RagDyeR

randomly fill

Say your headers are in Row1, and names are in A2 to A6.
Duties are listed in Z1 to Z5.

In Y1 enter:
=Rand()
and copy down to Y5.

In B2 enter:
=INDEX($Z$1:$Z$5,RANK(Y1,$Y$1:$Y$5))

And copy down to B6.

This will give you a random list of duties next to each name, where every
hit of <F9 will give you a list of new random choices.

You can set calculation to manual to retain the list display until <F9 is
hit.
--

HTH,

RD

"LaDdIe" wrote in message
Help,

I'm working on a work rota,
I've got a list of staff in column A and there are 5 duties they could be
assigned to in columns B C D E & F, I need to randomly assign each member of
staff a duty without any member appearing twice.

Any help is appreciated.

LaDdIe

randomly fill

Thanks very much, That works a treat.

"LaDdIe" wrote in message
Help,

I'm working on a work rota,
I've got a list of staff in column A and there are 5 duties they could be
assigned to in columns B C D E & F, I need to randomly assign each member of
staff a duty without any member appearing twice.

Any help is appreciated.

RagDyeR

randomly fill

You're welcome, and thanks for the feed-back.

RD