-   -   4 point Border (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/121281-4-point-border.html)

Jen2202

4 point Border

I need to add a 4 point border to a cell....i cant figure it out????

Jim Cone

4 point Border

You can use a rectangle from the Drawing toolbar.
Right-click it and select Format Auto Shape.
If you set the fill color to "No Fill" then the rectangle interior is removed
and you have what is essentially a movable border.
Set the weight to 4 points and place the "border" where you want it.
Pressing the "Alt" key while positioning it will "snap" it to the nearest cell grid.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA