-   -   Cell addressing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/120976-re-cell-addressing.html)

Mike

Cell addressing

John,

Never thought of that, it works perfectly.

Thanks,

Mike

"John" wrote:

Try =COUNTIF(Database!E:E,"=yes")

John

"Mike" wrote:

I'm sure I'm being daft here but I can't solve this seemingly simple problem.
This statement below works fine except that whenever a new row is added to
the top of the 'Database' worksheet; which is done with a VB macro when new
data are added, the cell addresses increment i.e E2 becomes E3 etc. I've
tried $E$2 but this doesn't work either. As a temporary measure the problem
has been solved!! by rewriting the worksheet statement to the cell every time
the macro runs to set the cell address back to E2 but there has to be a
tidier way

=COUNTIF(Database!E2:E10000,"=yes")

Any guidance would be much appreciated.