-   -   Removing last character in a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/120926-re-removing-last-character-cell.html)

Elkar

Removing last character in a cell

Insert a Helper Column next to your data. In that column, enter the formula:

=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)

Copy the formula down the Helper Column as far as needed.

The Helper Column should now contain the data you want. Now, to replace the
original data, copy the Helper Column. Then select the original column, and
PASTE SPECIAL. Select "Values". You can then delete the Helper Column.

HTH,
Elkar

"Megadrone" wrote:

I need to remove the last character in a cell.

Example:

121,123,124,
184,124,145,167,

I need to remove the last comma only. The cells contains varying amounts of
data. none of the commands I have found will do this.