-   -   How to use VLOOKUP to find data on another sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/120905-how-use-vlookup-find-data-another-sheet.html)

MIKEYH

How to use VLOOKUP to find data on another sheet

Hi

Can anyone advise me on how to use VLOOKUP when the data to be 'looked up'
is on another worksheet in the same workbook. I also need to be able to look
up a series of Lookup values in a given VLOOKUP formula, i.e. I need to write
a single VLOOKUP formula which will search for DU52, DU92 & DU98 in column A
and return the values found in column D on the rows corresponding to the
values foundin column A.

I hope this makes sense, as this is my first question on these forums.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

MikeyH

Bob Phillips

How to use VLOOKUP to find data on another sheet

=VLOOKUP(DU52,Sheet2!A:D,4,False)

--
---
HTH

Bob

"MIKEYH" wrote in message
Hi

Can anyone advise me on how to use VLOOKUP when the data to be 'looked up'
is on another worksheet in the same workbook. I also need to be able to
look
up a series of Lookup values in a given VLOOKUP formula, i.e. I need to
write
a single VLOOKUP formula which will search for DU52, DU92 & DU98 in column
and return the values found in column D on the rows corresponding to the
values foundin column A.

I hope this makes sense, as this is my first question on these forums.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

MikeyH

MIKEYH

How to use VLOOKUP to find data on another sheet

Hi Bob

I must still be missing something as it's returning #N/A

I've written the formula as follows: =VLOOKUP(DU52,VARIANT!A2:H44,4,FALSE)

When I click in the formula bar, 'DU52' is in blue.

Any ideas???

--
Cheers

MikeyH

"MIKEYH" wrote in message
Hi

Can anyone advise me on how to use VLOOKUP when the data to be 'looked up'
is on another worksheet in the same workbook. I also need to be able to
look
up a series of Lookup values in a given VLOOKUP formula, i.e. I need to
write
a single VLOOKUP formula which will search for DU52, DU92 & DU98 in column
and return the values found in column D on the rows corresponding to the
values foundin column A.

I hope this makes sense, as this is my first question on these forums.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

MikeyH

Dave F

How to use VLOOKUP to find data on another sheet

XL thinks DU52 refers to the cell DU52.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"MIKEYH" wrote in message
Hi

Can anyone advise me on how to use VLOOKUP when the data to be 'looked up'
is on another worksheet in the same workbook. I also need to be able to
look
up a series of Lookup values in a given VLOOKUP formula, i.e. I need to
write
a single VLOOKUP formula which will search for DU52, DU92 & DU98 in column
and return the values found in column D on the rows corresponding to the
values foundin column A.

I hope this makes sense, as this is my first question on these forums.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

MikeyH

MIKEYH

How to use VLOOKUP to find data on another sheet

Thanks Dave, that makes sense. How do I convince Excel that DU52 is not a
cell reference, but merely a data value?
--
Cheers

MikeyH

"MIKEYH" wrote in message
Hi

Can anyone advise me on how to use VLOOKUP when the data to be 'looked up'
is on another worksheet in the same workbook. I also need to be able to
look
up a series of Lookup values in a given VLOOKUP formula, i.e. I need to
write
a single VLOOKUP formula which will search for DU52, DU92 & DU98 in column
and return the values found in column D on the rows corresponding to the
values foundin column A.

I hope this makes sense, as this is my first question on these forums.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

MikeyH

Dave F

How to use VLOOKUP to find data on another sheet

Put double quotes around it: "DU52" --that signifies that it is a text string.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"MIKEYH" wrote in message
Hi

Can anyone advise me on how to use VLOOKUP when the data to be 'looked up'
is on another worksheet in the same workbook. I also need to be able to
look
up a series of Lookup values in a given VLOOKUP formula, i.e. I need to
write
a single VLOOKUP formula which will search for DU52, DU92 & DU98 in column
and return the values found in column D on the rows corresponding to the
values foundin column A.

I hope this makes sense, as this is my first question on these forums.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

MikeyH

MIKEYH

How to use VLOOKUP to find data on another sheet

Thanks to Dave, that worked a treat.

I now have to write a formula to search for multiple lookup values and
return the sum of the values found in column D .......... ??????
--
Cheers

MikeyH