-   -   How do I count the frequency of items in a non-numeric list? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/120454-re-how-do-i-count-frequency-items-non-numeric-list.html)

Dave F

How do I count the frequency of items in a non-numeric list?

Use SUMPRODUCT

Assume employee name is in column A and country is in column B

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:100)*(B1:B100="USA")) would count the number of employees
that are in the USA. Replace "USA" with the country of your choice, and
adjust the ranges to suit your data.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"RAR" wrote:

I have a list of employees (in Excel 2002) who are working in many different
countries. I want to calculate how many are in each country. How do I do
this?