-   -   formula too long? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/120241-formula-too-long.html)

[email protected]

formula too long?

I'm working on a cumbesome spreadsheet (not my creation). I'm trying to
add a cell to formula (just a sum of numbers) and am getting a "formula
too long" message. I've never seen this before. Can I change it and if
so, how?

Thanks.

Don Guillett

formula too long?

post your formula along with what you are trying to do

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm working on a cumbesome spreadsheet (not my creation). I'm trying to
add a cell to formula (just a sum of numbers) and am getting a "formula
too long" message. I've never seen this before. Can I change it and if
so, how?

Thanks.

Dave F

formula too long?

Excel has limits on the number of characters that can be in a formula.

Best thing to do is to paste the formula into this post, explain what it
does, and see if there's someone out there who can make it more concise for
you. If you can make it more concise, then you probably can add to it what
you want to add.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.