-   -   Finding Correct Answer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/120113-finding-correct-answer.html)

caldog

Finding Correct Answer

Hi,

I have a workbook where I have imported information to, form the web. From
the imported web page, I want to glean certain information from it. No
formula that I have tried has worked.

So here is the layout of the worksheet:

A B C D
1 Product Name
2
3
4 Item # Qty Desc. Price
5 546 2 Blue Chrome 56.21
6 230 15 Gold Chrome 78.00

I have filled in some information for example purposes only. I want to
built a formula that will access my downloaded web page, and fill in the
cells with information based on first product name and then secondly on
column heading. Therefore, formula should first look at what is in Col A Row
1, as first indicator, then look at Col A Row 4, as second indicator to fill
in information in cell Col A Row 5. I will then proceed to fill in the rest
of the cells, going across the page using the same formula. I have tried
various times using the index and match function combinations but they never
seen to work.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Steve