-   -   can an array update only once? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/119864-can-array-update-only-once.html)

jmomorrison

can an array update only once?

I have an array formula that matches product codes on the active worksheet to
corresponding product costs in another workbook. For inventory purposes, I
want the formula to return the total value of the product at the time I make
the entries. That is working fine. My question is, how can I then freeze
those values, so that if the product cost changes in the future, it won't
affect my past inventory amounts?

Thanks!

Gary''s Student

can an array update only once?

Either freeze the inputs or place the formulae with values.
--
Gary's Student

"jmomorrison" wrote:

I have an array formula that matches product codes on the active worksheet to
corresponding product costs in another workbook. For inventory purposes, I
want the formula to return the total value of the product at the time I make
the entries. That is working fine. My question is, how can I then freeze
those values, so that if the product cost changes in the future, it won't
affect my past inventory amounts?

Thanks!

jmomorrison

can an array update only once?

Yes, that's what I would like to do, but how please?

Thanks

"jmomorrison" wrote:

I have an array formula that matches product codes on the active worksheet to
corresponding product costs in another workbook. For inventory purposes, I
want the formula to return the total value of the product at the time I make
the entries. That is working fine. My question is, how can I then freeze
those values, so that if the product cost changes in the future, it won't
affect my past inventory amounts?

Thanks!

Gord Dibben

can an array update only once?

Copy the range, then in place EditPaste SpecialValuesOKEsc

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP