-   -   Is there a way to do this??? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/119750-there-way-do.html)

raggafred

Is there a way to do this???

how can i create a formula that references the cell below the cell i want,
but not using cells that are next to each other that i can copy down or
across???

e.g. I have multiple sheets set up with vendors (as a list all in 1 coloum)
for purchases during the month, that i want to pull the info from, on the
last sheet i have a summary sheet with all the vendors setup so i can pull
their totals per month etc...

Below is summary sheet

acct# vendor
Amt: File/Inv #: order #: Chq #: Chq Date:
$0.00 0 SA885 0 00-Jan-00
$0.00 0 SA886 0 00-Jan-00
$0.00 0 SA887 0 00-Jan-00
$0.00 0 SA888 0 00-Jan-00
$0.00 0 SA889 0 00-Jan-00
$0.00 0 SA890 0 00-Jan-00

acct# vendor
Amt: File/Inv #: SA #: Chq #: Chq Date:
$0.00 0 SA885 0 00-Jan-00
$0.00 0 SA886 0 00-Jan-00
$0.00 0 SA887 0 00-Jan-00
$0.00 0 SA888 0 00-Jan-00
$0.00 0 SA889 0 00-Jan-00
$0.00 0 SA890 0 00-Jan-00

ques: Can i create a formula in 2nd vendor that uses the amt for SA885 in
1st vendor???

Any help is well appreciated.

[email protected]

Is there a way to do this???

You can do an index match:
=index($A$1:$C$100,match($C$2,$C$1:$C$100,0),1)

$C$2 = SA885

The formula is basically saying search A1 through C100, and match SA885 in
column C, then, go to column a and give me the answer.

I hope this helps