-   -   #VALUE! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/119496-value.html)

Curtis

#VALUE!

I am trying to add two cells and ach cell contains a formaula. I keep getting
the error #VALUE! when one of cells does not produce a value

Is there any way to avoid this

Thanks

Teethless mama

#VALUE!

=IF(ISERROR(SUM(A1:A100)),"",SUM(A1:A100))

"Curtis" wrote:

I am trying to add two cells and ach cell contains a formaula. I keep getting
the error #VALUE! when one of cells does not produce a value

Is there any way to avoid this

Thanks

Curtis

#VALUE!

Would this still work if i neede to add two cells say j1+ak1?

"Curtis" wrote:

I am trying to add two cells and ach cell contains a formaula. I keep getting
the error #VALUE! when one of cells does not produce a value

Is there any way to avoid this

Thanks

Curtis

#VALUE!

The two cells in question that I need to add are J1 and AK1. This formula
does not produce the correct answer

ANy thoughts?

Thanks

"Curtis" wrote:

I am trying to add two cells and ach cell contains a formaula. I keep getting
the error #VALUE! when one of cells does not produce a value

Is there any way to avoid this

Thanks

Curtis

#VALUE!

Sorry your formual works. I just needed to sum the two cells as

=IF(ISERROR(SUM(J1,AK1)),"",SUM(J1,AK1))