-   -   When in filter mode status bar doesn't show range of cells filted (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/119492-when-filter-mode-status-bar-doesnt-show-range-cells-filted.html)

Marie McNamee

When in filter mode status bar doesn't show range of cells filted

I am working with a large excel sheet of data but when I wish to know the
range of data within this for instance when I filter out specific data, it
doesn't show me on the status bar how many cells have been selected, it
simply states FILTER MODE. I need the status bar to tell me 100 of 250
cells have been selected. Have I turned off a certain function?

Please help.

Ron Coderre

When in filter mode status bar doesn't show range of cells filted

No....you haven't changed any settings.

See Debra Dalgleish's website for an explanation and workarounds:
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron