-   -   Why does Excel 2003 open on 3rd tab of workbook every time, not l. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/11927-why-does-excel-2003-open-3rd-tab-workbook-every-time-not-l.html)

Excelfrustrated

Why does Excel 2003 open on 3rd tab of workbook every time, not l.

I'm using Excel 2003, and every time I save the file, no matter what
worksheet I was last on, when reloading the file, it defaults to opening the
3rd worksheet, and places the focus on the same cell. I want it to open on
the last worksheet that was being viewed/used when the file was last saved,
like previous versions have always done!

Bernard Liengme

And like 2003 does unless you have done something strange. We need more
details

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Excelfrustrated" wrote in
message ...
I'm using Excel 2003, and every time I save the file, no matter what
worksheet I was last on, when reloading the file, it defaults to opening
the
3rd worksheet, and places the focus on the same cell. I want it to open
on
the last worksheet that was being viewed/used when the file was last
saved,
like previous versions have always done!

Gord Dibben

Sounds like you have some VBA code running when you save or close the
workbook.

Right-click on the Excel logo next to "File" on menu bar. Or right-click on
the logo at top left of window if not running maximized.

Select "View Code" to see what you have in there.

You could delete or REM(')out the lines you don't like or need.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP