-   -   referencing a control within formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/118917-referencing-control-within-formula.html)

RS

referencing a control within formula

i'm trying to reference a control value from a formula and it's not
recognizing name.

I have a group of option buttons names OB1, OB2, OB3. In a cell, I would
like to have the an if formula at says IF(OB1=true, C11*1,
if(OB2=true,C11*1.5, if(OB3) = true, C11*2,) .

Basically using a different calculation depending on the option selected.
I've tried using the name OB1, i've tried with brackets [OB1] and i've tried
with braces {OB1} but i continue to get formula errors as if it doesn't
recognize the control name

Teethless mama

referencing a control within formula

=IF(OB1=TRUE,C11,IF(OB2=TRUE,C11*1.5,IF(OB3=TRUE,C 11*2,"")))

"RS" wrote:

i'm trying to reference a control value from a formula and it's not
recognizing name.

I have a group of option buttons names OB1, OB2, OB3. In a cell, I would
like to have the an if formula at says IF(OB1=true, C11*1,
if(OB2=true,C11*1.5, if(OB3) = true, C11*2,) .

Basically using a different calculation depending on the option selected.
I've tried using the name OB1, i've tried with brackets [OB1] and i've tried
with braces {OB1} but i continue to get formula errors as if it doesn't
recognize the control name

RS

referencing a control within formula

I understand that my typing of the syntax was slightly off, however, the
issue is not with the syntax, it's with recognizing OB1 as a control. I get
an error about #Name.

Basically it doesn't know that OB1 is a control. I can't even uss
=if(OB1=true,1,2)