-   -   Looking for function or formula to calculate number that is revers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/11866-looking-function-formula-calculate-number-revers.html)

Ken

Looking for function or formula to calculate number that is revers

I am looking for formula or function that will help to calculate the number
that can be discounted by percentage back to the original number I have. For
example, my original number is 100, and the discount percent is 40%. I am
looking for a formula that will result in 166.67. Where 166.67 - (166.67 *
40%) will result in my original number of 100.
Another example is Input 100, and Discount 60%, the output of the function
or formula would be 250 (where 250 - (250 * 60%) = 100).
Note that this function is available in some of the business calculator,
label as MU in Citizen calculator.
Does anyone know of a function in excel or a formula where I can achieve this?
Thanks a lot..

David Flick

?B?S2Vu?= allegedly wrote in
:

I am looking for formula or function that will help to calculate the
number that can be discounted by percentage back to the original number
I have. For example, my original number is 100, and the discount percent
is 40%. I am looking for a formula that will result in 166.67. Where
166.67 - (166.67 * 40%) will result in my original number of 100.
Another example is Input 100, and Discount 60%, the output of the
function or formula would be 250 (where 250 - (250 * 60%) = 100).
Note that this function is available in some of the business calculator,
label as MU in Citizen calculator.
Does anyone know of a function in excel or a formula where I can achieve
this? Thanks a lot..

I don't know if I completely understand what you are after or if you are just
trying to make this harder than it is, but I have always done =100/60%=
166.67; =100/40%=250. Seems to work for me.

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

=100/(100%-40%)
or
=100/(1-0.4)

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets

*