Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default array formulas

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it possible to only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Post your formula.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it possible to only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=MAX(formula)

=MIN(formula)

perhaps?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dave F" wrote in message
Post your formula.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it possible to

only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

Maybe
=INDEX(array, 1)
=INDEX(array, 2)

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it possible to only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry I totaly forgot to post the formula, here it is :

=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)

Once I enter this formula in a cell, it becomes an array, like that :

{=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)}

And it returns two values next to each other (eg. A1 and B1).

What I would like is only the second cell (B1) and not both ?

I've tried the worksheet function INDEX but they are still two cells which
are used in my sheet and I only want one.

Thanks !

PS : Nice proverb

"Dave F" wrote in message
Post your formula.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it possible to
only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=INDEX(=BLP("NESN VX

"Nader" wrote in message
Sorry I totaly forgot to post the formula, here it is :

=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)

Once I enter this formula in a cell, it becomes an array, like that :

{=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)}

And it returns two values next to each other (eg. A1 and B1).

What I would like is only the second cell (B1) and not both ?

I've tried the worksheet function INDEX but they are still two cells which
are used in my sheet and I only want one.

Thanks !

PS : Nice proverb

"Dave F" wrote in message
Post your formula.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it possible to
only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry typo

=INDEX(=BLP("NESN VX
Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2);;2)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Nader" wrote in message
Sorry I totaly forgot to post the formula, here it is :

=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)

Once I enter this formula in a cell, it becomes an array, like that :

{=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)}

And it returns two values next to each other (eg. A1 and B1).

What I would like is only the second cell (B1) and not both ?

I've tried the worksheet function INDEX but they are still two cells which
are used in my sheet and I only want one.

Thanks !

PS : Nice proverb

"Dave F" wrote in message
Post your formula.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it possible to
only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello Bob,

It's not working ... I get an error. I don't the understand the end ";;2"

Thanks.

"Nader" wrote in message
Sorry I totaly forgot to post the formula, here it is :

=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)

Once I enter this formula in a cell, it becomes an array, like that :

{=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)}

And it returns two values next to each other (eg. A1 and B1).

What I would like is only the second cell (B1) and not both ?

I've tried the worksheet function INDEX but they are still two cells
which
are used in my sheet and I only want one.

Thanks !

PS : Nice proverb

"Dave F" wrote in message
Post your formula.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it possible to
only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Nader,

I never heard this formula, nor did my Excel 2003. Can you tell me what
this formula do and over which version it works?

Thankyou,

Shail

"Nader" wrote in message
Sorry I totaly forgot to post the formula, here it is :

=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)

Once I enter this formula in a cell, it becomes an array, like that :

{=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)}

And it returns two values next to each other (eg. A1 and B1).

What I would like is only the second cell (B1) and not both ?

I've tried the worksheet function INDEX but they are still two cells
which
are used in my sheet and I only want one.

Thanks !

PS : Nice proverb

"Dave F" wrote in message
Post your formula.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it possible to
only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

the BLP() formula is a Bloomberg function.

Thanks.

oups.com...

"Nader" wrote in message
Sorry I totaly forgot to post the formula, here it is :

=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)

Once I enter this formula in a cell, it becomes an array, like that :

{=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)}

And it returns two values next to each other (eg. A1 and B1).

What I would like is only the second cell (B1) and not both ?

I've tried the worksheet function INDEX but they are still two cells
which
are used in my sheet and I only want one.

Thanks !

PS : Nice proverb

"Dave F" wrote in message
Post your formula.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it possible
only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is trying to get the 2nd element of the array.

What does the BLP function look like?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Nader" wrote in message
Sorry I totaly forgot to post the formula, here it is :

=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)

Once I enter this formula in a cell, it becomes an array, like that :

{=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)}

And it returns two values next to each other (eg. A1 and B1).

What I would like is only the second cell (B1) and not both ?

I've tried the worksheet function INDEX but they are still two cells
which
are used in my sheet and I only want one.

Thanks !

PS : Nice proverb

"Dave F" wrote in message
Post your formula.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it possible

only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

unfortunately, i don't have access to the code inside the macro !

but in your formula :

=INDEX(=BLP("NESN VX
Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2);;2)

I think there's one more index missing cuz you have a second bracket at end,
am I right ?

"Nader" wrote in message
Sorry I totaly forgot to post the formula, here it is :

=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)

Once I enter this formula in a cell, it becomes an array, like that :

{=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)}

And it returns two values next to each other (eg. A1 and B1).

What I would like is only the second cell (B1) and not both ?

I've tried the worksheet function INDEX but they are still two cells
which
are used in my sheet and I only want one.

Thanks !

PS : Nice proverb

"Dave F" wrote in message
Post your formula.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it possible

only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Nader,

But it is not with my Excel 2003. Where I can find this function and
what is its use?

Thankyou,

Shail

"Nader" wrote in message
Sorry I totaly forgot to post the formula, here it is :

=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)

Once I enter this formula in a cell, it becomes an array, like that :

{=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)}

And it returns two values next to each other (eg. A1 and B1).

What I would like is only the second cell (B1) and not both ?

I've tried the worksheet function INDEX but they are still two cells
which
are used in my sheet and I only want one.

Thanks !

PS : Nice proverb

"Dave F" wrote in message
Post your formula.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it possible
only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Nope, it doesn't come with Excel. In order to get this function you need to
install the Bloomberg Add-In for Excel. The Blp() function is used to get
financial information on equity, funds, etc...

Nader

PS : If you want to get Bloomberg Add-In you need to subscribe to Bloomberg

ups.com...

:

{=BLP("NESN VX
Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)}

And it returns two values next to each other (eg. A1 and B1).

What I would like is only the second cell (B1) and not both ?

I've tried the worksheet function INDEX but they are still two
cells
which
are used in my sheet and I only want one.

Thanks !

PS : Nice proverb

"Dave F" wrote in message
Post your formula.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it
possible
only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Nader: based on my experience with Bloomberg I would send an inquiry to their
help desk, not to this discussion group.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nader" wrote in message
Sorry I totaly forgot to post the formula, here it is :

=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)

Once I enter this formula in a cell, it becomes an array, like that :

{=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)}

And it returns two values next to each other (eg. A1 and B1).

What I would like is only the second cell (B1) and not both ?

I've tried the worksheet function INDEX but they are still two cells
which
are used in my sheet and I only want one.

Thanks !

PS : Nice proverb

"Dave F" wrote in message
Post your formula.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it possible

only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I already did but they said it was impossible ...

thanks.

"Nader" wrote in message
Sorry I totaly forgot to post the formula, here it is :

=BLP("NESN VX
Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)

Once I enter this formula in a cell, it becomes an array, like that
:

{=BLP("NESN VX
Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)}

And it returns two values next to each other (eg. A1 and B1).

What I would like is only the second cell (B1) and not both ?

I've tried the worksheet function INDEX but they are still two
cells
which
are used in my sheet and I only want one.

Thanks !

PS : Nice proverb

"Dave F" wrote in message
Post your formula.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Nader" wrote:

Hello,

I've got an array formulas wich returns two values. Is it
possible
only
select one of the value ?

Thanks in advance.

Nader

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That's because your original had one too many, I just copied it.

Give us the real formula, and tell us what it returns into what cells, we
might be able to guess it.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Nader" wrote in message
Sorry I totaly forgot to post the formula, here it is :

=BLP("NESN VX Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)

Once I enter this formula in a cell, it becomes an array, like that

:

{=BLP("NESN VX

Equity";"BEST_BRK_PERIOD_OVERRIDE=:1FY,BEST_EPS"); 0;2)}

And it returns two values next to each other (eg. A1 and B1).

What I would like is only the second cell (B1) and not both ?

I've tried the worksheet function INDEX but they are still two cells
which
are used in my sheet and I only want one.

Thanks !

PS : Nice proverb

"Dave F" wrote in message
Post your formula.