-   -   Conditional Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/118341-conditional-formatting.html)

Brurobiney

Conditional Formatting

I have column A with over 500 account numbers. What is the formula that will
allow me to see which of those accounts are listed more than once.

Dave F

Conditional Formatting

One way:

1) Sort the column in ascending order
2) In B2 enter a formula: =IF(A2=A1,1,"") and fill down to the bottom of
your column of numbers in column A
3) Anywhere where a 1 appears, there are duplicates.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Brurobiney" wrote:

I have column A with over 500 account numbers. What is the formula that will
allow me to see which of those accounts are listed more than once.

Teethless mama

Conditional Formatting

Highlight your range
Conditional Formatting
Formula Is =COUNTIF($A$1:$A1,$A1)1
Click Format button and select Pattern then click OK and OK