-   -   Worksheets with password protection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/118329-worksheets-password-protection.html)

Judy Bryant

Worksheets with password protection

I am wanting to create a workbook with several worksheet tabs. Each tab
represents different depts. When I send this workbook out to different
depts., I do not want the other depts. to see the other tabs that do not
pertain to them.

Can I hide with a password the individual worksheets within that workbook?
Please advise how to do that.

Dave F

Worksheets with password protection

Excel passwords are not secure and can be broken easily. If you have
confidential information that someone should not see, best practice is to not
include that info in your workbook.

--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Judy Bryant" wrote:

I am wanting to create a workbook with several worksheet tabs. Each tab
represents different depts. When I send this workbook out to different
depts., I do not want the other depts. to see the other tabs that do not
pertain to them.

Can I hide with a password the individual worksheets within that workbook?
Please advise how to do that.

Judy Bryant

Worksheets with password protection

Your answer is true. But can it be done what I am asking?

"Judy Bryant" wrote:

I am wanting to create a workbook with several worksheet tabs. Each tab
represents different depts. When I send this workbook out to different
depts., I do not want the other depts. to see the other tabs that do not
pertain to them.

Can I hide with a password the individual worksheets within that workbook?
Please advise how to do that.

Dave F

Worksheets with password protection

See this for some info:
http://www.dotxls.com/excel-security...eet-protection

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Judy Bryant" wrote:

I am wanting to create a workbook with several worksheet tabs. Each tab
represents different depts. When I send this workbook out to different
depts., I do not want the other depts. to see the other tabs that do not
pertain to them.

Can I hide with a password the individual worksheets within that workbook?
Please advise how to do that.

Vijay_India

Worksheets with password protection

Its not possible to create different passwords to different sheets within an
excel file.

To circumvent this problem, the option which I see is to split the excel
file into master and individual department files rather than having all of
them in one single excel file.

Hope this arrangement help you. I dont see any other alternative.

Thanks,