-   -   Advanced Filter for multiple criteria, including blank cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/118188-advanced-filter-multiple-criteria-including-blank-cells.html)

Striperon

Advanced Filter for multiple criteria, including blank cells

I've searched for the answer to this question, but have not found it.
I have a 1435 row and 62 column spreadsheet. I wish to filter for 5
criteria in one column, including blank cells, using Advanced Filter.
How do I do this?

Dave F

Advanced Filter for multiple criteria, including blank cells

You can test for various conditions in Advanced Filter. See here for an
example: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

Also, see the links provided here for a variety of other examples of
Advanced Filter use:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...d+filter+excel

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Striperon" wrote:

I've searched for the answer to this question, but have not found it.
I have a 1435 row and 62 column spreadsheet. I wish to filter for 5
criteria in one column, including blank cells, using Advanced Filter.
How do I do this?

Striperon

Advanced Filter for multiple criteria, including blank cells

Sorry, I did not write my question very well.

I do know how to use Advanced Filter, ...except for blank cells. It is
the blank cell criteria that I am stuck on.

Sorry, my bad.

Dave F

Advanced Filter for multiple criteria, including blank cells

The contextures.com link I gave in my response shows how to filter for blank
rows:

=C2="" would be your criteria if your data is in C, etc.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.