-   -   Converting Text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/117861-converting-text.html)

scats

Converting Text

I'm working on a checkbook Registry and need to figure out how to convert
text codes into names. Here an example
code name
WA = Washington Mutual
WB = Water Bill
EP = Electric Payment
Please help with this. I have an entire budget workbook setup and this is
the last thing to figure out. I have an input page that I log everything in
and need the codes to be converted to names on the checkbook. thanks

Teethless mama

Converting Text

Let's say your code in Column A, and names in Column B
=VLOOKUP("WA",A1:B100,2,0)