-   -   creating table of content in excel workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/117728-creating-table-content-excel-workbook.html)

[email protected]

creating table of content in excel workbook

Hello, I have a workbook with approx 35 sheets, the first sheet is
named "TOC". I am trying to create a table of worksheets in this TOC
sheet. In colum A i am entering the relative position of the sheet,
that is first sheet, second sheet and the next colum B, i am entring
the worksheet name against the colum A, its position, to give me a
table of worksheet name in order of their appreance.THe challenge is
that I can get the worksheet name by running the macro, but I am unable
to create thie positions 1,2 3 4 if the worksheet position is
changed.SO I end up geting the name of worksheets first and then
updating the numeric sequence. Can there be a VBA code to do this.

Any help is geratly appreciated.

Vivek

Jim Cone

creating table of content in excel workbook

The free Excel add-in "XL Extras" will create a table of contents
for all sheets in the workbook and hyperlink the sheet name to the sheet.
It adds a new menu item to the Insert menu - "Table of Contents".
The add-in can also sort the workbook sheets and do other stuff.
Download from ... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
No registration required.
--
Jim Cone