-   -   Paste is acting up (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/117331-paste-acting-up.html)

steven

Paste is acting up

What happens that sometimes when I take a number from Access and paste to
Excel it wants to delimit the number by the comma. I closed Excel and Access
and reopened them and tried again and then it was ok. But then later not.
What is happening that Excel wants to start asking on the paste special
"Text" or "Uniform Code". I can't remember if those are the exact words but
when that box comes up and it means things are actiing up on me.

Thank you for your help.

Steven

Dave Peterson

Paste is acting up

Excel likes to help. If you've ever imported a comma delimited text file or run
Data|Text to columns (delimited by a comma), then excel will figure you want to
do this when you try to paste the next time.

But excel's memory is forgotten if you close and reopen excel. Another way is
to do a dummy Data|text to columns.

put asdf in an empty cell
select that cell
data|text to columns
delimited
but uncheck all the options
and finish up
And then clean up that dummy cell

====
And from what I've read with access and excel, it's better to open excel before
doing the copying in Access. (From a non-user of access.)

--

Dave Peterson

steven

Paste is acting up