-   -   Excel 2003 Functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/117174-excel-2003-functions.html)

Carl Fenty

Excel 2003 Functions

Hi - I cannot call a value from another cell. For example, I have the no.
'22' entered into cell range A1. If I click in another cell and call the
value using a forumla of =(A1), the value '22' doesn't appear in the cell
=(A1) appears. I'm sure there must be a simple option that I have neglected
to select, or it's an installation issue.

Please help!

Carl

Niek Otten

Excel 2003 Functions

Hi Carl,

Two options:
a.The cell was formatted as text before you entered the formula.
Format as General AND re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER)
b. Formula view was toggled on. Hit CTRL` to toggle off

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Carl Fenty" wrote in message ...
| Hi - I cannot call a value from another cell. For example, I have the no.
| '22' entered into cell range A1. If I click in another cell and call the
| value using a forumla of =(A1), the value '22' doesn't appear in the cell
| =(A1) appears. I'm sure there must be a simple option that I have neglected
| to select, or it's an installation issue.
|
| Please help!
|
| Carl

Carl Fenty

Excel 2003 Functions

Hi - I have tried both options, neither has worked. If I change the format
to general or number, a value of '0' is returned left justified.

Any other ideas?

"Carl Fenty" wrote:

Hi - I cannot call a value from another cell. For example, I have the no.
'22' entered into cell range A1. If I click in another cell and call the
value using a forumla of =(A1), the value '22' doesn't appear in the cell
=(A1) appears. I'm sure there must be a simple option that I have neglected
to select, or it's an installation issue.

Please help!

Carl

Gord Dibben

Excel 2003 Functions

After changing the format to General, you must re-enter the formula.

Hit F2 then ENTER

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP